Mobile Streams Proprietary technology allow to make purchases from the iTunes catalogue utilizing a different billing system to Apple's.
The AppConcierge works by synchronizing the download with iTunes while the payment will go via the designated billing account. Installation on device is done via iTunes, it works on WAP as well the Web portal (on device and off device).
- Direct Referral fee
- Homogenous Customer experience
- Use of designated billing account (no need for customers to pay via credit card on iTunes)
- Advertising spaces for Apple's customers while browsing on portal
- Totally integrated experience across multiple devices
- Publishers cross selling ability to promote their iPhone content directly on Portal (curate the content)
- Possibility to use it as a gifting/promotion platform for new and existing customers
Note: the entire EUP will go to the iTunes, only the referral fee (5%) will be shared among stakeholders. It doesn't work with free apps.
The AppConcierge engine will check the following before accepting the transaction:
The user's credit (if necessary) and the availability of the App at the time of purchase
If both condition are satisfied the transaction will proceed, the customer's account will be charged and gift code for that app will be issues as well as a redirection to iTunes (on or off device) to the gift redemption page.
Once the gifting code has been issue it will be tied to the customer until redemption (they can go to their 'My downloads' section)